Welcome to the Feightly House renovation blog!
|The Feightly House, around 1920 (I think)|
- Renovate the complete downstairs of the Sears house. The house on the left of the photo was added in 1910. We think it's from Sears and Roebuck, the Woodlawn model. Going to research that some more. We're going to take the three bedrooms on the ground floor, kitchen and sitting room and make it into an apartment for her folks. Full wheelchair accessible kitchen and master bath.
- Repair the soffits (under hang of the roof), gutters and siding as needed to stop deterioration and begin restoring the original character of the house.
- Remove some nasty stuff from the basement (asbestos insulation) and re-do the downstairs full bath (already gutted by the current owner).
- Weathertight the full attic (like, 30' by 40') and make that into a
love nestbirds nest.
- Rebuild the porch balconies (currently gone)
- Re-do the front room, second story of the original house (the Greek Italianette house on the right) to make into a new master suite. Maybe. Still up in the air about that.